Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 18: buzzy

I only got maybe 6.5 hours of sleep last night and I woke up a bunch of times. Strangely though I felt pretty good today. I'm not sure if it's my new supplement (the one that made me feel like crap had Rhodiola in it which is overstimulating for me. New one is just iodine, ashwaganda (a more calming adaptogenic herb, and L-tyrosine which is some how thyroid supportive but I can't remember why), the 1/2 cup of caffeinated coffee I had this morning, or I'm just finally past the initial crap detox feeling but it was a good day-- my energy was so good I was very fidgety at work and had to keep getting up to walk around the hospital so as not to keep sitting. I did have a sleepy hour between work and xfit, but felt great after I worked out.

Food:

Breakfast 1/4 lb ground beef and a sauteed mix of roasted bell peppers (frozen from TJs), and a mix of stir-fry veggies (also from TJs, not frozen) which I cooked with garlic and a little olive oil. I saved breakfast this time until I got to work, but still only felt like eating half. Also had a 1/4 of an avocado in there. Coffee had 1-2 T lite coconut milk.

Lunch: Made a huge container of 3 salmon patties from TJs (which looked absolutely disgusting when I cooked them last night but actually were yummy) which I mixed with some of the same veggie mix from breakfast and a little avocado. Only ate half of this as well.

Afternoon: got really hungry about 2:30 and finished my breakfast, but found while driving home from work was still super hungry, but got home at 5 and didn't want to eat anything heavy before xfit. Had berries and a bit of coconut cream (1/4 c?). Still kind of wanted protein but didn't eat anything else so I didn't puke!

XFit: awesome calisthenics Tabata interval workout. In tabata intervals you do 20 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest, over and over for 4 minutes. We did push-ups for 4 min, then sit-ups, then jumping pull-ups (that was the hardest) and then 2 min of bear crawl, which is where you walk around with your hands and feet touching the ground (I thought that was kinda fun). It was a great workout and my arms will definitely be sore tomorrow.

Dinner: due to poor planning on my part dinner wasn't until 9pm. I came home from x fit around 8 and decided I really wanted steak and brussels sprouts. The only problem is that roasting brussels sprouts takes 40 minutes and the steak was frozen. Oops. It was yummy though! Now I'm trying to stay awake until 11 so my food has time to digest but I'm getting very sleepy.

Sometime this weekend maybe I'll do a post on supplements and what I'm taking. I'm definitely encouraged by how good I felt today-- I hope it wasn't just adrenaline and cortisol from sleep deprivation!

No comments: