Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 14: Spring in Seattle

Last night for dinner I made the mustard pork chops from Everyday paleo. They were super yummy, even though I used regular mustard instead of dijon (1/2 a cup is a lot of freaking mustard!) It took way longer than 5-8 minutes in the oven to get them cooked through-- maybe hers were thinner than mine. M. suggested saving half the mustard mixture as a dipping sauce-- since most of it burns off onto the pan when you sear them this is a fantastic idea. Today we spent a pleasant day doing a lot of walking-- we walked all over downtown Seattle and Pike Place Market for about three hours, and I noticed my legs were just a smidge still sore from Thursday! It was one of those Spring days where the weather can't make up it's mind-- back and forth between rain and sun and back again. I felt like crap most of yesterday-- today was better though I'm still kind of dragging and I think it's because I need to eat more carbs. Food today: Breakfast: eggs with salsa and bacon, 1/2 cup or so strawberries snack: decaf coffee with light coconut milk Lunch: leftover pork chop, greens cooked in the leftover bacon fat, a few more strawberries with coconut milk snack: 1/2 apple with 1 tsp sunflower seed butter mixed with coconut cream Dinner: steak, broccoli, a few yam fries, a couple bites of strawberries This was way more carbs than I usually eat but I think I might have needed it. I am continuing to experiment with what makes me feel good. I have been feeling that dragging not enough carbs feeling I was waiting for about a week ago.

No comments: