Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 16 & 17: Hard Rock Sugar

Yesterday M and I had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe because that's where his work event was. I ordered a cobb salad with no cheese. Unfortunately the bacon was very sweet and I ended up having sugar cravings all evening-- I gave in when I got home with half an apple with coconut cream, a tsp or so of sunflower seed butter (which unfortunately I discovered also has a bit of sugar in it) and a couple oz of pot roast. I also have had some residual digestive discomfort all day-- not sure if it was because I didn't have any digestive enzymes with me, or because of all the raw lettuce as I have been mostly (purposely) been sticking to mostly cooked veggies because I have trouble digesting a lot of raw stuff. (Hopefully this resolves by the time summer produce comes around!)

Breakfast yesterday & today: chicken thighs I cooked in the crockpot in the leftover sauce from the pot roast, with avocado and napa cabbage. A couple tablespoons of coconut cream.

Lunch: leftover pot roast, collard greens, coconut cream.

Dinner tonight: I roasted that questionable turkey, and as I feared it was not good-- sooooo dry and tough! I ate a few bites mixed with avocado and broccoli and gave up. I will try and make soup out of the rest-- hopefully that will help. I wasn't that hungry I guess because I could have gone looking for something else to eat but didn't.

Crossfit: not very intense tonight. There were only three of us in the class, as the rest of the class went yesterday instead of today. We worked on rowing (coordination is not my strong suit so this was complicated) and then deadlifts. I got the form down okay but J said my right hip (which has been tight/high for years) was noticeably doing all the work and if a max deadlift workout comes up I should stick with lower weight for now because I could hurt myself with that imbalance. We worked on foam rolling those muscles afterward-- I should really keep trying to loosen up that side as often as I can.

I think I'm O'Ding on coconut milk and I'm going to cut back on it-- those extra calories add up and I don't think I really need them. One of these days I'll get back to actually having pictures!

1 comment:

Elizabeth, blogging for SunButter said...

Hi Sabrina,
Since I blog for the SunButter brand of sunflower seed butter, just wanted you to know there is an organic variety (only sunflower seeds, no added cane juice or any other sugar). I must admit it's not my favorite (I like the variety with flax seeds for extra texture), but if you're looking to really cut sugar, it can help. Enjoying your adventures...