Monday, April 11, 2011

Days 28 & 29: Sleep and No Sleep

So yesterday I was a wreck, having two days in a row of not sleeping well again. Then last night, for whatever reason, I slept 9 hours straight. It's been weeks since I slept through the night without waking up every few hours. Not surprisingly, I feel awesome today!

I made what I thought was an awesome crockpot chicken recipe this weekend, though M. didn't like it-- I think he would have liked it if I had used chicken breasts instead of thighs.

Italian Crockpot Chicken:

3-4 pounds of chicken (breasts/thighs)
1 can diced tomatoes (I used Muir Glen's fire roasted)
1/2 cup kalamata olives plus the liquid
1 T dried oregano
1/2 T dried Thyme
1/2 a lemon (stick the whole thing in there)
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup chicken broth

Put all of this in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The chicken falls apart it's so tender! I served it with sauteed chard.

I had this for lunch yesterday and breakfast this morning, which enough left for breakfast tomorrow.

Last night we had ground beef sauteed with cumin, garlic and chard for dinner, with yam fries. I'm wondering if the carbs in the evening without the hard core workout before it was what helped me sleep. I'm going to try eating more carbs for a couple weeks and see how I do.

No crossfit for a couple days, but I'm doing Pilates this evening since I have a few classes I've already paid for left to use. Tomorrow I'll post a summary of the first 30 days!

No comments: