Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sad Energy


I was at a Naturopathic appointment at the Bastyr Center today and one of the student clinicians told me I have a “sad energy” about me and wondered what that was about. I told her I wasn’t sure, but the truth is that I just didn’t feel like talking about it. I am a little sad—I’m sad that my internship is going to force me to only see my husband on weekends for 9 months. I’m sad that so many of my very good friends from school are leaving Seattle in the next couple of months. I’m also exhausted from doing graduate school full-tilt while working several jobs for two straight years. And to some degree I’m still sad I didn’t get into the Bastyr internship. Are any of these horrific traumas in my life? No, and for the most part I go into each day with gratitude and have many happy moments. I don’t spend a lot of time sitting around wallowing in it, but there is in fact, a low level of “sad energy” that seems to follow me around lately. I would imagine some summer sun and finally getting an academic break would help a great deal.

3 comments:

Stevie said...

Keep your chin up, sweetheart. Summer is just around the corner (as evidenced by our lovely day at Folklife! Yeah!) and there is bound to be lots of fun stuff going on. Also, maybe something totally awesome will come out of your unexpected internship. Maybe you'll end up LOVING it and then you can look back on this time and say "screw you, sad energy" :-)

Keith Cottrill Photography said...

I feel you on the sad energy. I'm being told that my images are too safe and uninspired. And they may be right. However, we must remember that these trials are all part of the process. We cannot loose hope. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, we must press on toward the goal...*

BTW: What did I miss? Who's leaving?

*PHL3:13-14

Sabrina said...

Thanks guys :) You're the best.

Keith-- our friends aren't leaving, but my friends from Grad school are.