Saturday, May 23, 2009

Goodbye to sugar


Dear Sugar,

I'm sorry to have to say this, but we can no longer be lovers. We have been off and on for a number of years now, and every time I think you are out of my life you slowly creep back in. At best, it has been a tumultuous relationship. You have certainly been there for me during hard times, comforting me at my lowest points, but each time you turned around and kicked me when I was down. I don't like the person I am when I am with you-- you make me moody, emotional, cranky and bloated. Each time I tell you I need some space, you find your way back, telling me you can be more natural this time-- you are less processed, have more nutrients, are made by bees. You say, it's mostly chocolate I am hanging out with-- that I will barely notice you there. But each time you slide back into my life you are not content to stay a rare acquaintance-- each time you get me in bed with you and you have your way with me. I admit it's fun while it lasts, but the next day I hate myself for giving in to your charms and at the same time I crave more and more of your presence. So this time I'm saying goodbye for good. I have a feeling you won't even miss me-- I certainly will be better off without you in my life.

Love,

Sabrina

2 comments:

Ryah said...

Since you said that so well, will you break up with sugar for me too?

CAROL said...

Good luck, Sabrina! I know how difficult that is. I recently tried going without dessert and lasted about a week before the chocolate chip cookies brought me down!