Saturday, April 18, 2009

Everything hurts


I asked Jillian to kick my ass (through the pages of her book) and she has delivered. This morning I got up around 9 and went straight to the gym. When I got there I realized it had been 14 hours since I had eaten anything-- not the best plan. The gym was also crowded which makes circuits difficult-- oh and I was sore from yesterday. Never-the-less, I got started on day 2's circuit. It was all fine until I got to the first sprint-- each workout has 5 circuits, and in each circuit there are 3-5 exercises followed by a one minute cardio sprint. Today's involved running at a 10 incline for a minute, this after numerous step-ups and lunges. First of all, the cardio is supposed to happen immediately after ending the circuit-- a problem since the weights are on a different floor than the cardio machines at my gym. Also, it was so crowded it took awhile to find an available treadmill. I did get through the first sprint-- afterwards I was breathing so hard and my legs felt like someone had replaced my bones with cooked pasta-- I had to sit down on the treadmill for a few minutes before I could make it back up the stairs. The next circuit involved many many lunges. If I thought my legs felt weak before, this was nothing compared to the utter demolition of my quadriceps that followed-- it was all downhill from there. The next sprint I had to stop twice to get through it.

I think it would have helped if I had fueled my body before working out. It is a good thing I didn't have a busy day planned-- I have literally been vegging out on the couch all day-- every time I try and get off the couch it's torture-- it takes a couple tries to even stand up!! If this doesn't kill me it will definitely get me in shape.

No comments: