Friday, June 12, 2009

First Harvest


The unseasonably warm weather we have been enjoying this month has brought my small strawberry patch to life. It's only a matter of time before my chickens (whom I allow to free range when I'm home to supervise) discover the treats growing right at their eye level! In another month my raspberries will be ripe too. July is one of my favorite months because Marc and I will come home and spend all evening picking raspberries, half of which make it in the bowl and the rest straight into our mouths!

I am busy wrapping up my Master's degree, putting finishing touches on papers and frantically getting as many work-study hours as I can fit in before my funding runs out. In the frantic hustle I almost forget that my time at Bastyr grows short. While I'm ready to move on, I am sad that many of my new friends are moving on to do their internships elsewhere-- it is something I have not yet fully processed....

No comments: